How to get customers forAccounting for startups
Where to find startups in order to convert them to customers
The idea that helps startups
Startups want to manage taxes, bookkeeping, and track financial metrics. However, they can't get it because it takes too much time to do it with Quickbooks or Google Sheets.
Therefore, they need to use your solution: Accounting for startups. But how do you find such people so you can pitch your solution to them?
How to find startups
You can get insights about the pain points of startups if you listen to them carefully, either in person or online. Listening online is much easier because you need not ask them for a customer interview but you can observe them talking about their problems, out there in their natural habitat. They won’t even notice that you are there, watching and listening to them.
The process, step by step
One process that we can totally recommend is this:
- Find out where startups hang out (Reddit, Mastodon, etc.)
- Read what problems they talk about, and how urgent they are to them. (Did they try any solutions, yet? Did they spend money on anything, yet? Did they even cobble a homegrown solution together?)
- Enter the conversation: Help them with tips, ask more about their situation and why they are in pain.
- If you find recurring questions or pet peeves of startups, create some helpful content for them (e.g. a blog post, a podcast episode, or a video) and share it with them for free, in the same conversations. They will be delighted.
- At the end of the blog post, invite them to use your solution: Accounting for startups.
I described the process here in my blog post: Identify a hungry audience.
If you do this manually, it may take you hours each day. Automate it, with a little help from the AI in CustomerPing!
Step 1 to find startups
To get started, edit the values in the following 3 input fields and click “Search startups”.
This is what will happen
- An AI will brainstorm 5 good search keyword phrases for you to find startups and their pain points in online forums on the internet.
- With one click, you can search for each keyword phrase right away.
- CustomerPing will present the search results to you.
- If you think that one of those results looks like startups wrote it, you can create a “customer radar station” on the forum where the post came from.
- You describe what makes a post relevant to your business.
- CustomerPing will “ping” you 24h a day, whenever startups complain about their pet peeve: It takes too much time to do it with Quickbooks or Google Sheets.
- Good for you because this is something that you can solve with accounting for startups, right?
What to do when you get a “customer ping”
When such an alert appears on your mobile phone, you simply tap on it and join the conversation in the online forum.
Help startups to reach their goal: To manage taxes, bookkeeping, and track financial metrics.
They will get to know, like and trust you. Eventually, they will buy your solution: Accounting for startups.