How to get customers forMonitoring platform for web applications
Where to find developers in order to convert them to customers
The idea that helps developers
Developers want to understand what's slowing down their users. However, they can't get it because monitoring is difficult to setup and maintain.
Therefore, they need to use your solution: Monitoring platform for web applications. But how do you find such people so you can pitch your solution to them?
How to find developers
You can get insights about the pain points of developers if you listen to them carefully, either in person or online. Listening online is much easier because you need not ask them for a customer interview but you can observe them talking about their problems, out there in their natural habitat. They won’t even notice that you are there, watching and listening to them.
The process, step by step
One process that we can totally recommend is this:
- Find out where developers hang out (Reddit, Mastodon, etc.)
- Read what problems they talk about, and how urgent they are to them. (Did they try any solutions, yet? Did they spend money on anything, yet? Did they even cobble a homegrown solution together?)
- Enter the conversation: Help them with tips, ask more about their situation and why they are in pain.
- If you find recurring questions or pet peeves of developers, create some helpful content for them (e.g. a blog post, a podcast episode, or a video) and share it with them for free, in the same conversations. They will be delighted.
- At the end of the blog post, invite them to use your solution: Monitoring platform for web applications.
I described the process here in my blog post: Identify a hungry audience.
If you do this manually, it may take you hours each day. Automate it, with a little help from the AI in CustomerPing!
Step 1 to find developers
To get started, edit the values in the following 3 input fields and click “Search developers”.
This is what will happen
- An AI will brainstorm 5 good search keyword phrases for you to find developers and their pain points in online forums on the internet.
- With one click, you can search for each keyword phrase right away.
- CustomerPing will present the search results to you.
- If you think that one of those results looks like developers wrote it, you can create a “customer radar station” on the forum where the post came from.
- You describe what makes a post relevant to your business.
- CustomerPing will “ping” you 24h a day, whenever developers complain about their pet peeve: Monitoring is difficult to setup and maintain.
- Good for you because this is something that you can solve with monitoring platform for web applications, right?
What to do when you get a “customer ping”
When such an alert appears on your mobile phone, you simply tap on it and join the conversation in the online forum.
Help developers to reach their goal: To understand what's slowing down their users.
They will get to know, like and trust you. Eventually, they will buy your solution: Monitoring platform for web applications.