How to get customers forAI search and support copilots for developer products
Where to find software companies in order to convert them to customers
The idea that helps software companies
Software companies want to retain users, reduct support loads, and understand what users are asking for. However, they can't get it because developers spend lots of time trying to find out how to do something.
Therefore, they need to use your solution: AI search and support copilots for developer products. But how do you find such people so you can pitch your solution to them?
How to find software companies
You can get insights about the pain points of software companies if you listen to them carefully, either in person or online. Listening online is much easier because you need not ask them for a customer interview but you can observe them talking about their problems, out there in their natural habitat. They won’t even notice that you are there, watching and listening to them.
The process, step by step
One process that we can totally recommend is this:
- Find out where software companies hang out (Reddit, Mastodon, etc.)
- Read what problems they talk about, and how urgent they are to them. (Did they try any solutions, yet? Did they spend money on anything, yet? Did they even cobble a homegrown solution together?)
- Enter the conversation: Help them with tips, ask more about their situation and why they are in pain.
- If you find recurring questions or pet peeves of software companies, create some helpful content for them (e.g. a blog post, a podcast episode, or a video) and share it with them for free, in the same conversations. They will be delighted.
- At the end of the blog post, invite them to use your solution: AI search and support copilots for developer products.
I described the process here in my blog post: Identify a hungry audience.
If you do this manually, it may take you hours each day. Automate it, with a little help from the AI in CustomerPing!
Step 1 to find software companies
To get started, edit the values in the following 3 input fields and click “Search software companies”.
This is what will happen
- An AI will brainstorm 5 good search keyword phrases for you to find software companies and their pain points in online forums on the internet.
- With one click, you can search for each keyword phrase right away.
- CustomerPing will present the search results to you.
- If you think that one of those results looks like software companies wrote it, you can create a “customer radar station” on the forum where the post came from.
- You describe what makes a post relevant to your business.
- CustomerPing will “ping” you 24h a day, whenever software companies complain about their pet peeve: Developers spend lots of time trying to find out how to do something.
- Good for you because this is something that you can solve with aI search and support copilots for developer products, right?
What to do when you get a “customer ping”
When such an alert appears on your mobile phone, you simply tap on it and join the conversation in the online forum.
Help software companies to reach their goal: To retain users, reduct support loads, and understand what users are asking for.
They will get to know, like and trust you. Eventually, they will buy your solution: AI search and support copilots for developer products.