How to get customers forFeature backlog with an AI that discovers what customers want
Where to find product managers in order to convert them to customers
The idea that helps product managers
Product managers want to prioritize features correctly. However, they can't get it because it is difficult to assess which customers want which features, how important is it for them, and how much are they worth.
Therefore, they need to use your solution: Feature backlog with an AI that discovers what customers want. But how do you find such people so you can pitch your solution to them?
How to find product managers
You can get insights about the pain points of product managers if you listen to them carefully, either in person or online. Listening online is much easier because you need not ask them for a customer interview but you can observe them talking about their problems, out there in their natural habitat. They won’t even notice that you are there, watching and listening to them.
The process, step by step
One process that we can totally recommend is this:
- Find out where product managers hang out (Reddit, Mastodon, etc.)
- Read what problems they talk about, and how urgent they are to them. (Did they try any solutions, yet? Did they spend money on anything, yet? Did they even cobble a homegrown solution together?)
- Enter the conversation: Help them with tips, ask more about their situation and why they are in pain.
- If you find recurring questions or pet peeves of product managers, create some helpful content for them (e.g. a blog post, a podcast episode, or a video) and share it with them for free, in the same conversations. They will be delighted.
- At the end of the blog post, invite them to use your solution: Feature backlog with an AI that discovers what customers want.
I described the process here in my blog post: Identify a hungry audience.
If you do this manually, it may take you hours each day. Automate it, with a little help from the AI in CustomerPing!
Step 1 to find product managers
To get started, edit the values in the following 3 input fields and click “Search product managers”.
This is what will happen
- An AI will brainstorm 5 good search keyword phrases for you to find product managers and their pain points in online forums on the internet.
- With one click, you can search for each keyword phrase right away.
- CustomerPing will present the search results to you.
- If you think that one of those results looks like product managers wrote it, you can create a “customer radar station” on the forum where the post came from.
- You describe what makes a post relevant to your business.
- CustomerPing will “ping” you 24h a day, whenever product managers complain about their pet peeve: It is difficult to assess which customers want which features, how important is it for them, and how much are they worth.
- Good for you because this is something that you can solve with feature backlog with an AI that discovers what customers want, right?
What to do when you get a “customer ping”
When such an alert appears on your mobile phone, you simply tap on it and join the conversation in the online forum.
Help product managers to reach their goal: To prioritize features correctly.
They will get to know, like and trust you. Eventually, they will buy your solution: Feature backlog with an AI that discovers what customers want.