How to get customers forGithub for data teams
Where to find data analysts in order to convert them to customers
The idea that helps data analysts
Data analysts want to collaborate and manage SQL queries. However, they can't get it because lack of unified work methodologies, each data user has a subjective interpretation to data analysis.
Therefore, they need to use your solution: Github for data teams. But how do you find such people so you can pitch your solution to them?
How to find data analysts
You can get insights about the pain points of data analysts if you listen to them carefully, either in person or online. Listening online is much easier because you need not ask them for a customer interview but you can observe them talking about their problems, out there in their natural habitat. They won’t even notice that you are there, watching and listening to them.
The process, step by step
One process that we can totally recommend is this:
- Find out where data analysts hang out (Reddit, Mastodon, etc.)
- Read what problems they talk about, and how urgent they are to them. (Did they try any solutions, yet? Did they spend money on anything, yet? Did they even cobble a homegrown solution together?)
- Enter the conversation: Help them with tips, ask more about their situation and why they are in pain.
- If you find recurring questions or pet peeves of data analysts, create some helpful content for them (e.g. a blog post, a podcast episode, or a video) and share it with them for free, in the same conversations. They will be delighted.
- At the end of the blog post, invite them to use your solution: Github for data teams.
I described the process here in my blog post: Identify a hungry audience.
If you do this manually, it may take you hours each day. Automate it, with a little help from the AI in CustomerPing!
Step 1 to find data analysts
To get started, edit the values in the following 3 input fields and click “Search data analysts”.
This is what will happen
- An AI will brainstorm 5 good search keyword phrases for you to find data analysts and their pain points in online forums on the internet.
- With one click, you can search for each keyword phrase right away.
- CustomerPing will present the search results to you.
- If you think that one of those results looks like data analysts wrote it, you can create a “customer radar station” on the forum where the post came from.
- You describe what makes a post relevant to your business.
- CustomerPing will “ping” you 24h a day, whenever data analysts complain about their pet peeve: Lack of unified work methodologies, each data user has a subjective interpretation to data analysis.
- Good for you because this is something that you can solve with github for data teams, right?
What to do when you get a “customer ping”
When such an alert appears on your mobile phone, you simply tap on it and join the conversation in the online forum.
Help data analysts to reach their goal: To collaborate and manage SQL queries.
They will get to know, like and trust you. Eventually, they will buy your solution: Github for data teams.